Monday, August 25, 2014

An end to a guilty pleasure.

So I have not written anything on this blog in a very long time. In fact I can not remember when was the last time. But I was watching the end of the show True Blood and as I was watching I thought to my self..... I started this blog when I first started watching that show. Now a show being a form of entertainment normally would not make me feel so nostalgic but I guess in my mind, this show has become a sort of temporal marker in my more current life. I remember, watching this show as a guilty pleasure. At the time I had gotten my self pretty wound up in religion. There are many thing I remember about my life back then that I utterly regret. I sit here trying to put this all into word, and I can't. Its just flying memories of a time past that seems like memories of a book I read. But the main character was me I know this but I have changed a lot. I would say that the biggest change that I can see in relation to a show ending has to do with why I liked this show so much. That reason being love and fantasy. Before I remember seeing love very differently, much more dire and lasting. Now when I know a failed attempt at love, is a failed attempt I can let it go without much of an emotional eruption at all. In stead of a storm of emotion, storm clouds in the distance that dissipate in the wind. I would not say that the end of this show marks the end of anything in my life, but I love personal time markers in my life I can come visit. I think I will mark this show ending with memories of now so that If I ever decide to watch this show again I can also revisit this time as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment