Sunday, July 21, 2013

digital culture betrayer

So I got an Iphone, and I gotta say its pretty cool. But I have this weird cultural divide in me that feels similar to taking a wrong turn when you know the path to a given destination. Its kind of unsettling to say the least. So weird. I feel like I picked up a new digital nationality, and one that I don't really agree with. I am not the type of person who feels that excluding people is ever acceptable. And I feel that brand exclusivity is okay if it is a crafted product, but a mass produced product with faux exclusivity; I don't know makes me feel as if I want to be portrayed as an ignorant uncouth elitist. This is not to be an insult to apple fans at all. I apple makes a good product. This blog is more about the small percentage of people who use apple products, and enjoy outcasting people. I have never wanted to be associated with these types of people. And well even if I am enjoying my Iphone, I can't shake the Idea this association and it irritates me. Oh well I am sure the phone is only the tip of the ice burg something else must be bothering me.

No comments:

Post a Comment