Saturday, April 17, 2010

"So there i was" and my building

Im listening to this tune by deadmou5 called "So there i was". Its a great tune if you enjoy deep deep trance. At the same time im designing this building for class my first project as an architect (student) it really transplanted me into the site and building. so i guess i just wanted to write down my thoughts. this is my - so there i was.

so there i am in the park across the street. paler then normal. the sun is setting. i feel at ease in the dark. I am dressed in all black from head to toe. I am wearing a cape over one shoulder in the style of the Renaissance. I dont have a date or friends to meet. I am anonymous not a single soul in this city knows me. Its very sad but at the same time freeing. I can be who and what i want at all times. from the park i see a grand entrance to a world stopped in time. It seems to invite me and bring fear to my heart. I imagine harpies calling to sailors to thrash them self's over rocks.

Over the past couple of weeks i have been working my self up to deal with the world. I have lost my humanity. I know for a fact i am human but in my mind i have left reality behind. Some how this place seems to bring me back. I am, I. And I am only one of a river of people living in this city. I need to get out of my head and speak. but who would listen to my words and not just hear the sounds im making. People just wait for there turn to talk. but inside when i look at people they listen and understand with out needing words. I know i am on the brink of insanity but if i know there for i am far from it. I smile and laugh out loud at the thought. and the on lookers just raise eyebrows and look away. Oh the world if you only knew me.

With a sigh i shake these thoughts off. and walk into this new space. The building just weaves in and out of its self a mix of structure and necessity. I would speak aloud to this man, for sure he knows how i feel alone and distant. my ticket says balcony 3 alcove one. i picked this spot on per pus i want to be alone but part of something greater. I want to feel the music and be free to express my emotions in public with out the eyes of others to judge me. like a cave i am sitting in floating world of my own for a time.

the lights of the floor go off and a single women comes out. she begins and i am free and connected with every one in this room. right now we are we and i am not one but part of many, and i am happy. at least for a moment i understand.

No comments:

Post a Comment